Tuesday 12 January 2010

The Olympics, terrorists and Kekswichsen

For the Bad Boys on Tuesdays and the Expats vs. Germans on Wednesdays.

When a sport's greatest obtainable achievement is an olympic gold it should be an olympic event. If there is another tournament or trophy which is considered a better of harder achievement in a certain sport then that sport should not be an olympic event. For example, sports like football and tennis have more revered trophies - the FIFA World Cup, Roland Garros, Wimbledon etc. - whereas the 100m sprint does not. Simple.

All women's world records are void. The terminology should be changed to "women's record". I am for sexual equality but I cannot help but feel that the fastest person in the world holds the world record, and if that happens to be a man then so be it. Only one person can have a world record, never two.

Now what the Flec were Flec (Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda) thinking when they shot at the Togan national team's coaches? The world, and especially Africans, love football. Utterly love it to fuck. Footballers should be untouchable like "made" men in the mafia or cops. No one will feel any empathy for them, unlike them lads responsible for 9/11, the 'RA or Hamas.

Keep thinking about Kekswichsen/soggy biscuit, do I. I love both words and the idea of the game. I would never play it myself, unless it was for a large sum of money, but it nevertheless fascinates me. So much so that I once tried to write a screenplay for a short film about three lads that play soggy biscuit to respect the dying wishes of their terminally ill friend. The best comment below gets an exclusive look at said draft. This is good:

2 comments:

Paul said...

Ha ha ha good blog seb. I involuntarily imagined a calton game of SB whilst reading it. I think the piss stage fright that afflicts me and hayward would translate to this discipline so you and jon would be fine.

Käsetorte said...

Soggy biscuit would scare the shit out of anyone, that's one of the reasons why it fascinates me so much. It's one of the most extreme and confrontational sexual acts I can think of. We are so used to a strict divide between our sexual selves and everything else. Even showing a semi-on to a friend would make us feel uncomfortable. I hope no one ever puts a gun to our heads and makes us play it.