Monday 18 February 2008

All you can eat should be called “Is this all I can eat?”

For COO Graham, a chilled-out boss and spud expert.

All-you-can-eat offers are appealing to the average pleb. If, like me, you have a tight budget, the offer of all you can eat can be a tempting one. However, I believe there is a dark underbelly to the all-you-can-eat offerings found in your local restaurants.

The first rule is this: eating all you can leaves you feeling bloated and fatigued, to the extent that the memories of the meal are not fond ones. I feel that this is an often overlooked aspect to the all-you-can-eat concept.

That which is on offer is often a mish-mash of various sub-standard foodstuffs. The price may seem tempting but a square meal, in which love and attention is invested by the kitchen staff, is often better. I went to a brunch all you can eat yesterday which cost €7.50. I had salmon, chicken wings, waffles, ham, cheese, sausages, bread, scrambled eggs and spring rolls (what the?). But other things on offer were lasagne, goulash, croquettes and potato gratin. It’s too much eclecticism, you get me?

1 comment:

Ben said...

three euros for kids to eat all-they-can-eat sometimes...but all they wanna eat is two waffles and two hard-boiled eggs